River Engineering & Flood Protection
The technical expertise required to deliver outstanding results is underpinned by a detailed understanding of iwi, community and stakeholder apprehension which is so often associated with such works.
A testimony to the unique skills mix Good Earth Matters can offer is the Waimakariri Flood Protection Project. This is a $40 million project for Environment Canterbury Regional Council which delivers an enhanced level of flood protection for Christchurch City, Selwyn and Waimakariri Districts. Good Earth Matters has been responsible for the consenting of the project without any appeals to the Environment Court and subsequently the detailed design procurement and construction management of the works over a 10 year period. In 2010, Good Earth Matters received an ACENZ Gold Award of Excellence for the consenting of the project.
Good Earth Matters provides a range of services in River Engineering and Flood Protection including:
• Hydraulic modelling of catchment systems using XPSWMM
• Investigation, design and construction management of flood protection systems
• Consenting of river management work and flood protection systems
• Development and delivery of project specific procurement processes
• Development of Flood Warning Emergency Management and Evacuation Plans, and Operational Plans.
Our committed and dedicated team understands both the technical complexity of this area as well as the iwi, social and community concerns that influence outcomes.